Website BLACKBOX BIOMETRICS INC
Preserving Health -Transforming Behavior - Optimizing Performance
BlackBox Biometrics, Inc. ‐ Washington DC or Rochester NY Area
Are you a program manager who is interested in making a significant impact in the world of wearable technology? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
BlackBox Biometrics, Inc (B3) is a mission‐driven technology company focused on preserving health, transforming behavior, and optimizing performance. We develop systems that monitor, record and analyze blast and impact events to protect warfighters, first responders, and athletes.
Sound exciting? There’s more! B3 is an innovative company with a relatively flat organizational structure. We’re passionate about building a company culture that encourages collaboration and out‐of‐the‐box thinking. You’ll enjoy a casual, flexible work environment where you’ll work alongside bright team members who genuinely care about what they’re creating.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) at B3, you will be part of an exceptional team building a new generation of wearable environmental sensors to protect our military and law enforcement. You will work across software and hardware teams to influence our roadmap priorities, drive product feature decisions, and manage the engineering process. You will take the lead on initiatives that are critical to transitioning our technology from early‐stage tech development to a robust production system. As the outward facing voice for the engineering team, you will manage key relationships with partner teams and stakeholders inside and outside of B3. This is a critical role requiring a proactive TPM with a strong sense of ownership and willingness to dive deep to understand and resolve complex technical issues in the exciting and rapidly growing field of wearable sensing.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partner with our engineering team to enable the definition, design, and execution of our current and next‐gen wearable sensor systems
- Prepare project estimates and resource plans for inbound engineering work to ensure program success
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables such as architecture definition, product specifications, data reviews and test plans
- Consolidate engineering risks and status into dashboards or briefs for both internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Manage external design resources, and contract manufacturers
- Facilitate regular engineering planning and execution processes
- Work with engineering to identify and resolve blocking issues well ahead of any impact
- Continually revamp qualification processes, documentation, and problem solving to strengthen efficiency and product reliability
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related Field
- 5+ years experience in a technical industry
- 2+ years experience in a technical leadership or program management role
- Experience deploying complex engineering projects with cross‐functional distributed
- Experience managing projects in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver results on research and development programs with evolving requirements and/or aggressive
- Experience decomposing complex tasks into smaller functional blocks and applying the appropriate staff or teams to deliver against
- Experience driving regular program‐level tradeoffs (scope, schedule, cost) and technical decisions to enable the engineering team to succeed
- Experience facilitating critical project reviews, identification of project risks, and development of risk mitigation strategies and approaches with the ability to report internally and externally
- Place a high value on quality and attention to detail
- Verification as a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Additional Beneficial Qualifications & Experience
- MBA and/or relevant certifications in program management (PMP, PMI‐ACP, etc.)
- Direct experience in supporting a cross‐functional team through a new product development cycle
- Working knowledge of system‐level engineering tradeoffs and interface definition as it relates to integrating a multi‐disciplinary product
B3 offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. This is a salaried position commensurate with experience. Relocation is available for well‐qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience: 5+ years
Work Location: Washington D.C. or Rochester NY area preferred. Remote position negotiable with appropriate travel
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com