Website BLACKBOX BIOMETRICS INC
Preserving Health, Transforming Behavior, and Optimizing Performance
Are you a test engineer who is interested in making a significant impact in the world of wearable technology? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
BlackBox Biometrics, Inc (B3) is a mission-driven technology company focused on preserving health, transforming behavior, and optimizing performance. We develop systems that monitor, record and analyze blast and impact events to protect warfighters, first responders, and athletes.
Sound exciting? There’s more! B3 is an innovative company with a relatively flat organizational structure. We’re passionate about building a company culture that encourages collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking. You’ll enjoy a casual, flexible work environment where you’ll work alongside bright team members who genuinely care about what they’re creating.
We are looking for an early career Test Engineer or a Senior Engineering Technician with a Strong Electronics and Mechanical background who will support product testing of B3’s state-of-the-art wearable systems. This position provides an opportunity to work with a small, multidisciplinary technical team supporting manufacturing as well as R&D Prototype Systems. You will be involved in existing development efforts as well concept development of future programs or products. B3 is looking for a hands-on team player with a passion for technology, attention to detail, ability to successfully work in collaborative teams, and desire for continuous learning.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Production & Program Leads to effectively meet customer requirements and respond when quality expectations are not being met
- Develop and maintain test and qualification procedures to validate system requirements, working closely with engineering leads to ensure product quality and full coverage of use case profiles.
- Coordinate testing with external parties and sub-contractors to meet Qualification and Compliance goals across our R&D programs.
- Document and work to resolve all testing problems, raising risks or issues as they occur.
- Investigate root cause of system issues and recommend corrective actions
- Measure and record quantitative and qualitative data for test or R&D experiments
- Effectively interpret, analyze and communicate test results to business, engineering, and management.
- Assist engineering in conceptualization, design, and build of proprietary test equipment for manufacturing and research and development experiments.
- Provide design input to the R&D team to address design testability and mitigate recurrent issues observed during qualification or root cause analysis.
- Maintain Test Equipment calibrations, recommend purchases of test equipment necessary to conduct tests.
- Ensure that work areas are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Contribute to achieve safety, quality, on-time-delivery & cost reduction goals
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the ISO9001 Quality Management System
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Electronics/Mechanical Technology or related field
- Active learner with strong problem solving skills – ability to troubleshoot, identify root cause, repair/rework.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings
- Experience with using various test equipment, including meters, oscilloscopes, test chambers, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience in technical writing including test procedures and work instructions
- Place a high value on quality and attention to detail and organization
- Excellent communications skills: Technical writing/presentation, verbal, interpersonal
- Verification as a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
Additional Beneficial Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with Python, LabView, or MATLAB scripting as used in test automation and data analysis
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform required duties – anticipate <10%.
- Surface mount electronics assembly and/or rework experience
B3 offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. This is a salaried position commensurate with experience. Relocation is available for well-qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience: 3-10 years
Functions: Test Engineering
Work Location: Rochester NY
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org