Are you a driven and creative Operations Professional interested in making a significant impact in the world of wearable technology? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our growing team. This person will be a hands-on team player with a passion for excellence, ability to build and manage effective teams, and will have strong leadership skills. He or she will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the operations management field, and will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction of the organization’s supply chain and production processes. This person will direct the methods and procedures to effectively produce products that meet customer requirements, and establish continuous improvement process to ensure customer expectations are being met. He or she will work closely with the President and other Managers to develop tactics and execute plans for staffing, processes, safety, quality assurance, purchasing, and administrative systems/services. Relies on extensive operational and technical experience to ensure all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and business objectives.
This position is responsible for timely accomplishment of business objectives and commitments, and will partner closely with Sales and Administration to:
- Ensure manufactured product meets all quality system requirements, are manufactured within cost standards, and at 100% on-time delivery.
- Ensure systems meet all customer and quality requirements, are produced and delivered within cost standards, and at 100% on-time delivery.
- Determine staffing requirements, lead assigned manufacturing personnel scheduling, instruction and training to maximize effectiveness of resources.
- Plan, schedule, and review production requirements to ensure capacity meets demand, and that quality, production output, labor utilization/efficiency achieve continuous improvement against established performance metrics.
- Ensures tooling and equipment used are maintained and can produce goods and services for the customer at an acceptable standard.
- Establish qualified supply chain to provide required materials and services to meet a variable demand for systems for both inventory and direct customer orders.
- Plans and leads review of production processes to maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, testing, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Maintain accuracy and control of company inventory – raw materials and finished goods.
- Direct all documentation for manufacturing specifications, work instructions, procedures, system applications, repair of equipment, and rework of products.
- Provide consultation with customers and suppliers regarding compliance with specifications and component qualifications.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Maintain and recommend investments in information technology systems and infrastructure.
- Compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or technical field with at least 6 years of related work experience (required).
- Specialized knowledge with experience of at least two years in defense and federal acquisition regulations related to government contracting and DCAA/DCMA compliance (required).
- Ability to manage several different and often conflicting objectives, projects or activities at one time.
- Demonstrated leadership to nurture effective working relationships/communications to improve operations and ensure effectiveness of business operations.
- Hi Level software proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Visio, as well as experience utilizing ERP software technology.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and ability in work in multi-functional team to implement continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced team environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
B3 offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. This is a salaried position commensurate with experience.
BlackBox Biometrics, Inc (B3) is a technology company focused on preserving health, transforming behavior, and optimizing performance.
Sound exciting? There’s more. B3 is an innovative, young company with a relatively flat organizational structure. We’re passionate about building a company culture that encourages collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking. You’ll enjoy a casual, flexible work environment where you’ll work alongside bright team members who genuinely care about what they’re creating.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org