Website BlackBox Biometrics Inc.
Are you a driven and collaborative accounting and finance professional interested in making a significant impact in the world of wearable technology? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for a financial manager to direct, implement and maintain efficient processes for Company’s finance, accounting, payroll, human resource, contract administration, banking, insurance, quality, intellectual property, and related information systems. You will have the opportunity to contribute to emerging business initiatives and work in a team that supports the growing demand for wearable monitoring systems. You will be a hands-on team player with a passion for technology, attention to detail, ability to facilitate effective teams, and demonstrate strong program management skills. You will feel a personal stake in the products we ship, thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You will build strong relationships and constantly look to improve yourself and others in the team.
This role will be focused on:
- Establishing, coordinating and leading plans for the control of all administrative, financial, and risk management processes of the company.
- Compliance with all legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring return on financial assets by establishing policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Monitor cash balances and forecast, ensure that payroll is processed, accounts payable are paid, and accounts receivable are collected in a timely manner.
- Mitigate company’s risk by monitoring performance to plans, budgets, and metrics.
- Verifying record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- Leading implementation of information system investments, and other assigned short-term projects and programs.
Desired Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Verification as a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- All levels of degrees with minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with preference given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
- Strong understanding of GAAP principles
- Experience with defense and federal acquisition regulations related to government contracting and DCAA/DCMA compliance.
- High level of proficiency in, and knowledge of, accounting and information system software applications.
- Specific experience with financial software, developing standards, auditing, financial reporting, and developing budgets.
- Proven track record of achieving business objectives and personal goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced team environment, and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and multi-functional team leadership skills to implement continuous improvements.
B3 offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. This is a salaried position commensurate with experience.
BlackBox Biometrics, Inc (B3) is a technology company focused on preserving health, transforming behavior, and optimizing performance. We develop systems that monitor, record and analyze blast and impact events to protect warfighters, first responders, and athletes.
Sound exciting? There’s more. B3 is an innovative, young company with a relatively flat organizational structure. We’re passionate about building a company culture that encourages collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking. You’ll enjoy a casual, flexible work environment where you’ll work alongside bright team members who genuinely care about what they’re creating.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Finance & Accounting
Defense, Government, Electronics